Home > Stupid Convenience Items

Stupid Convenience Items

May 25th, 2006 at 06:30 am

I stopped in at the little store/gas station a mile from my house today to pick up a head of garlic (25 cents) and noticed a little display on their counter next to the register. It had single, wrapped, flavored cigarettes for 72 cents each. I asked them if people actually bought those, and they do! I was stunned. Then the guy behind the counter said, what's really amazing is if you multiply that by the number in a pack it would cost nearly $16 for a pack. And people do this one at a time!

I haven't been this annoyed at the American consumer since the peanut butter pre-mixed with jelly in a jar.

3 Responses to “Stupid Convenience Items”

  1. contrary1 Says:

    I think the pre made peanut butter & jelly sandwiches with the crusts cut off already are pretty bad too...... Makes me wonder whenever I see an ad for those!

  2. flash Says:

    I was SHOCKED when the no crust PBJs came out. No time to make a sandwich??? How much do they cost? Kids actually getting teased because they can't afford the pre-made version...who ever imagined that there would be a rich kid PBJ and a poor kids PBJ?

  3. LuckyRobin Says:

    That's one thing we don't get much of out here. 80% of the students at my children's elementary school are on either free or reduced hot lunch. Of the other 20%, 15% get hot lunch, 3% bring cold lunch from home, and 2% switch back and forth between hot lunch and cold lunch. (School websites are amazing). Almost no one out here could afford the expensive pre-made cold lunch food. We have a 60% population of Russian and Ukranian immigrants in our district and they do not waste food or money, believe you me. Going to school with that kind of peer pressure is a thing.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]